Friday, April 24, 2009

The Sound of an Indoor-water-fountain provides much needed distraction???

Being a single mother of a teenage girl, I'm sure that many people can sympathize with the daily (let's call it CHALLENGES, yes, that's a good word) challenges that this situation provides for me. I think the most challenging is the dialogue between us. It's not always the peaceful exchange that I would choose.

Sometimes it's best to just go to opposite sides of the house or close a door for some private space to recover. Yet the agitation follows me, I guess that's common. By putting indoor water fountains in many of my rooms, I think it helps by providing much needed distraction. The "noise" is good noise, the gentle gurgling or cascading water is as basic as nature itself. Not noisy enough to cover the sound of all noises in the house...but when I get close enough, that little indoor water fountain gives me just enough distraction to pull my mind away from the negative and into the "flow" of all that is good. I highly recommend it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment