Friday, April 24, 2009

Can Indoor Water Fountains satisfy the Call of the Wild?!

Recently, I discovered a wonderful patch of woods near my house. Relatively few people seem to know about it, as it's tucked in between streets and houses and a Golf course. You really wouldn't even know it's there. But there are foot paths that exit the woods at various places. To look at it, it isn't very inviting, and I've driven past many times. Something prompted me to roll down my window in my car last year, to ask a woman exiting the woods with 3 dogs, how far that trail goes. Her response led me to check out the trail the next day. Wow! Inside this little hidden treasure is a paradise of trails, streams, a pond, and nature nature nature! I've found this to be my little private retreat when the world gets too busy... which it always seems to do!

Sitting on a rock by the little streams, complete with water falls, I let down my stress. Is it any wonder that throughout my life I have always had indoor water fountains in every room, or at least one indoor water fountain in my bedroom when I was younger?!

Something about the sounds of the movement of water, and even the visual, creates calm. It somehow even reduces the "conjestion" I feel in my brain!! I have one little frog fountain that puts a smile on my face every time I look at it! Can water fountains indoor take the place of nature? First hand, I can tell you, they help!

No comments:

Post a Comment